Jeweled Seas: New Wave

A Unique Non-Canon One Piece RP

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Jeweled Seas! Events will soon appear- So make your character, Weapons, and Skills!

Share | 

Branch and Twigs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raizo

Position : Rear Admiral

PostSubject: Branch and Twigs   Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:34 pm

Name: Carrying Case- Branch, Shinai swords - Twigs
Type: Case and Weapon
Class: All F
Length: Each Twig is around 3 feet 7 inches long
Weight: Each twig is .97 pounds , At branch's max capacity (5) the total weight comesto around 4.8 pounds. With branch's max combat capacity (4): 3.8 pounds
Description: Branch is a fabric carrying case for all the twigs. Each twig is a bamboo shinai sword of 3'7" length and .97 pounds. Branch can hold up to 5 twigs at a time. Due to Raizo's one sword style use, Raizo only uses one at a time. He generally carries multiple due to a frequency of them breaking. The name twig comes from when he was training as a marine, the other marines often taunted him for bringing a "twig" to a sword fight. However Raizo is quite proficient at attacking and blocking with the solid tip of the twigs. The tip is able to block or redirect weapons of same class and one class above. Raizo utilizes speed in order to accurately block with the covering tip of the Twigs. However blocking blades directly with the tip can ruin the tip, so Raizo tries to redirect blades by nudging the flat of the sword so the blade goes off course from him or other intended targets. The Twigs aren't great at deflecting projectiles such as arrows or bullets, but that's more a user issue of not being able to track them to accurately block or deflect at his current level.

Strengths:
- Very light and quick
-Solid tip of the Shinai is good for both blunt attacks and blocking/ redirecting attacks
- Somewhat flexible allowing elasticity in some attacks
- Easily replaced
Weaknesses:
- Prone to breaking from both giving and receiving blows
- Little defense against projectile weapons
- Very small margin for successful attacks and blocks
-Easily cut by actual sword if blocked wrong
- susceptible to being burned

Last edited by Raizo on Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Synthia
First Generation

Berries : 250,000

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

PostSubject: Re: Branch and Twigs   Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:53 pm

Hey there - Only problem I really got with this is that it could use a bit of clarification as to whether or not the solid tip is capable of protecting against weapons of the same tier or above and maybe a bit on what type of weapons it can effectively defend against (blunt, projectiles, ect). Other than that, looks good, so keep it up.

"I always try my best, even when I have no idea what I'm doing!"
Back to top Go down
Raizo

Position : Rear Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Branch and Twigs   Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:27 am

Yo! Should include the mentioned issues now.
Back to top Go down
Synthia
First Generation

Berries : 250,000

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

PostSubject: Re: Branch and Twigs   Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:46 pm

Seems good to me, unless anyone else has any problems with this:

APPROVED

Raizo wrote:
Name: Carrying Case- Branch, Shinai swords - Twigs
Type: Case and Weapon
Class: All F
Length: Each Twig is around 3 feet 7 inches long
Weight: Each twig is .97 pounds , At branch's max capacity (5) the total weight comesto around 4.8 pounds. With branch's max combat capacity (4): 3.8 pounds
Description: Branch is a fabric carrying case for all the twigs. Each twig is a bamboo shinai sword of 3'7" length and .97 pounds. Branch can hold up to 5 twigs at a time. Due to Raizo's one sword style use, Raizo only uses one at a time. He generally carries multiple due to a frequency of them breaking. The name twig comes from when he was training as a marine, the other marines often taunted him for bringing a "twig" to a sword fight. However Raizo is quite proficient at attacking and blocking with the solid tip of the twigs. The tip is able to block or redirect weapons of same class and one class above. Raizo utilizes speed in order to accurately block with the covering tip of the Twigs. However blocking blades directly with the tip can ruin the tip, so Raizo tries to redirect blades by nudging the flat of the sword so the blade goes off course from him or other intended targets. The Twigs aren't great at deflecting projectiles such as arrows or bullets, but that's more a user issue of not being able to track them to accurately block or deflect at his current level.

Strengths:
- Very light and quick
-Solid tip of the Shinai is good for both blunt attacks and blocking/ redirecting attacks
- Somewhat flexible allowing elasticity in some attacks
- Easily replaced
Weaknesses:
- Prone to breaking from both giving and receiving blows
- Little defense against projectile weapons
- Very small margin for successful attacks and blocks
-Easily cut by actual sword if blocked wrong
- susceptible to being burned

"I always try my best, even when I have no idea what I'm doing!"
Back to top Go down

Branch and Twigs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top