Jeweled Seas: New Wave

A Unique AU One Piece RP

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Jeweled Seas! Don't Forget to check out the ARC Event!

Share | 

Give me Money (Task)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mozana
First Generation
First Generation

Berries : 2,000,000

PostSubject: Give me Money (Task)   Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:17 am

Task Info:

Sara stood on the streets of Plasma City, her eyes wide with wonder. This place that Destiny had dropped her, Plasma City, was unlike any place she had ever seen. Not just in appearance (the desert city was a far cry from her snowy homeland), but in feel as well. Heaven's Winter always felt suppressed, somehow; despite the bustle in the streets, the tyranny of the nobles had always been omnipresent, beating down the populace into submission. Here in Adaria, however, there was no such thing. The city felt more excited, more happy, more...alive. It was rather pleasant.

She would love to partake of what the city had to offer, but there was a pressing matter at hand. There were a lot of things in the heavy bag on her back, including the gifts that Destiny had given her, but money was not one of them. If she wanted to enjoy the city to its fullest, she'd definitely need some traveling cash. Fortunately, she had been trained for years in methods of earning cash. It was time for her training to kick in.

First Generation

PostSubject: Re: Give me Money (Task)   Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:41 am

It only took a few minutes of searching for Sara to find a prime begging spot. Begging was one of the first tactics she'd learned from the Lich, and it was discussed in one of the first verses of Elkomere's Book of Greed as well. Every disciple of Elkomere started with begging. When starting from the bottom, you must 'receive' from the top. Sara smiled as she recalled the verse, a memento of her first days away from tyranny. But there would be time for recalling things fondly later. For now, there was money to be earned.

Sara quickly set up shop and began begging, watching the streets as she did. There was a secret to this, one that only Sara could do with her particular talents. With her Curse of Generosity activated, everybody who passed by her was compelled to donate, granting her significantly more money over time. But that wasn't enough. Pickpocketing was another solid method of acquiring money on the streets, and Sara was specialized for it. With her wealth-attuned sense of smell, she was able to pick out those with easily acquirable wallets that passed by her. From there, using her Phantasm Grasp to pick out the wallets was an easy maneuver. With this dual method, the Snowborn quickly amassed a tidy sum of money.

First Generation

PostSubject: Re: Give me Money (Task)   Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:26 am

As Sara continued her methods on the street, something began to catch her eye. Every so often, a person would pass by who just reeked of wealth. Obviously, there was somewhere where these people were coming from and heading to. If Sara could find out where they were coming from, or get one of them alone, she could get herself to her desired amount of money very easily. That was something much more easily said than done, however.

After a while, a woman passed by who Sara identified as an easy mark. She was very obviously new to whatever her job was, acting very conspicuously. The Snowborn didn't even need her wealth-sensing abilities to know that she was holding something valuable. It was time for the woman to pay tribute to somebody who would make much better use of the money. Namely, Sara. She swiftly packed up and began following the woman.

First Generation

PostSubject: Re: Give me Money (Task)   Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:11 am

Sara followed the woman through the winding streets of Plasma City, wondering just where she was heading. This path was very obviously designed to be difficult to follow; they traveled through several desolate alleyways, with sharp corners and several backtracks. Sara made sure to stay far behind her quarry, using her acute sense of smell to pinpoint the location of the woman while staying roughly a street behind her. While she was tracking, she also had a hand in her bag of stuff, searching for a tool for the task at hand. After a short while, her hand wrapped around the hilt of a small knife, pillaged from someone in the streets. Perfect.

Sara confronted the woman several blocks later in a desolate alley, having found a short alleyway to take a shortcut. The girl cut off the path of the woman, hiding the knife in her right sleeve. "Excuse me," Sara started as she moved towards the woman, "but do you think you could spare some change for the needy?"
"I'm sorry," the woman replied, articulating her words carefully as she cautiously watched the innocent girl approach. "I'm terribly busy at the moment."
"Are you sure?" Sara asked, making her saddest face as she came very close to the woman. "I'm sure many would love to have on hand what you do."
She placed her left hand on the woman's shoulder. In one swift motion, she stole the woman's mobility with her Boon Theft, placed the knife in her right hand, and swiped across the woman's throat, tearing it open. She ducked around the woman to avoid the blood that started spewing forward, grabbing the hefty pouch at the woman's side as she did so. As the woman fell to the ground, desperately trying to make noise with her severed vocal chords, Sara was rifling through the bag, her eyes glittering as she beheld what was inside. Jackpot.

First Generation

PostSubject: Re: Give me Money (Task)   Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:26 am

Several minutes later, Sara walked out of the alleyways the way she had entered, enjoying the slight jingling feeling in her bag. Her suspicions had been correct; the woman had been carrying around a large number of gold coins. Said woman was still sitting in the alleyway, long dead. Sara idly wondered how long it would take for the body to be discovered. She hadn't exactly hidden the body, after all. Although she was relatively certain that nobody would link the poor and innocent looking Snowborn girl to a murder, it was still a worry.

Still, with the money she had acquired, it wouldn't be too hard to run away to somewhere else. For whatever reason, the woman was hiding quite a hefty sum within that pouch of hers; it was enough for the Snowborn girl to live on for quite some time. But enough was never enough for a Disciple of Elkomere. She had to keep earning and amass a fortune to rival even the Gods. With the fortune of a God, the power would soon follow. With that power, she'd be able to fight back against the nobles who had so unfairly enslaved her people. Her path to domination was clear. She simply had to follow through.

TASK END

Give me Money (Task)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1